Select I/O is an Ethernet networked, single channel granular I/O system for the ABB Ability™ System 800xA automation platform. Select I/O helps decouple project tasks, minimizes the impact of late changes and supports standardization of I/O cabinetry ensuring automation projects are delivered on-time and under budget.
The TU865 is an Ethernet Fieldbus Communication Interface Module Termination Unit (MTU) for connection to up to 12 Select I/O MTUs and hosts single and redundant Ethernet Adapters (TC810, TC811) and Ethernet FCI Communications Interface Modules (CI845s) for reliable communications with the AC 800M controllers. The TU865 also hosts an optional High Integrity Module (HI880) for use in SIL 3 safety applications and mounting is on a vertical DIN-rail. One TL814K01 cover plate is included with every TU865.
Features and benefits
- Two mounting slots for connecting single/redundant CI845 Ethernet FCI modules
- Two mounting slots for connecting single/redundant Ethernet Adapters
- Two connectors for connecting single/redundant 24 V power supplies
- Two Modulebus connectors for connecting the I/O cluster (only Select I/O components can be connected)
- Power supply for (internally powered) field devices
- A slot for an HI880 High Integrity module
- Mountable on a 35 mm DIN rail