The TU852 is a 16 channel module termination unit (MTU) for redundant S800 I/O modules and for mounting on a horizontal DIN rail. The MTU is a passive unit used for connection of the field wiring to the I/O modules. It also contains a part of the ModuleBus.
The TU842 MTU can have up to 16 I/O channels and process voltage connections. Each channel has two uncommitted I/O connections. Normally S1-16 (signals) on X1A and U1-16 (power out) on X1B. Each DB25 include terminals for ZP, UP and EM.
The MTU distributes the two ModuleBuses to each I/O module and to the next MTU. It also generates the correct address to the I/O modules by shifting the outgoing position signals to the next MTU.
Features and benefits
- Complete installation of I/O modules using 3-wire connections and field power distribution.
- Up to 16 channels of field signals and process power connections.
- Connections to two ModuleBuses and I/O modules.
- Mechanical keying prevents insertion of the wrong I/O module.
- Latching device to DIN rail for grounding.
- DIN rail mounting.