The CPU board contains the microprocessor and RAM memory, a real-time clock, LED indicators, INIT push button, and a CompactFlash interface.
The base plate of the PM857 controller has two RJ45 Ethernet ports (CN1, CN2) for connection to the Control Network, and two RJ45 serial ports (COM3, COM4). One of the serial ports (COM3) is an RS-232C port with modem control signals, whereas the other port (COM4) is isolated and used for the connection of a configuration tool. The controller supports CPU redundancy for higher availability (CPU, CEX-Bus, communication interfaces and S800 I/O).
The high integrity functionality is enabled by the addition of an SM812 module and the SIL-certified software. This enables non-critical control schemes to be upgraded to SIL-certified schemes by the addition of a plug-in SM81x module, plus a selection of the appropriate software. The AC 800M High-Integrity also offers IEC 61508 and TÜV-certified control environment for combining safety and business-critical process control in one controller unit without sacrificing the safety integrity.
The PM857 can handle Max 128 I/O signals. Certified for SIL3. Requires configuration according to Safety Manual.
2 pcs PM857K01, Safety Processor unit
1 pcs TK850, CEX-bus expansion cable
1 pcs TK851, RCU-Link cable
Features and benefits
- ISA Secure certified - Read more
- AC 800M High up to SIL 3 certified using PM857/SM812, PM863/SM812, PM865/SM811 or PM867/SM812
- Supports S800 I/O High Integrity (PM857, PM863, PM865, PM866A and PM891)
- The controller can be configured with 800xA control builder
- The controller has full EMC certification
- TÜV Certified SIL 2 and SIL 3
- Built-in redundant Ethernet Communication ports