The AI880A High Integrity Analog Input Module is designed for single and redundant configuration. The module has 8 current input channels. The input resistance is 250 ohm.
The module distributes the external transmitter supply to each channel. This adds a simple connection to distribute the supply to 2- or 3-wire transmitters. The transmitter power is supervised and current limited. All eight channels are isolated from the ModuleBus in one group. Power to the Module is generated from the 24 V on the ModuleBus.
The AI880A complies with the NAMUR recommendation NE43, and supports configurable over- and under range limits.
Features and benefits
- 8 channels for 0...20 mA, 4...20 mA, single ended unipolar inputs
- Single or redundant configuration
- 1 group of 8 channels isolated from ground
- 12 bit resolution
- Loop Supervised DI function
- Configurable alarm limit for field power outputs
- Configurable over/under range for current inputs
- Current limited transmitter supply per channel
- Advanced on-board diagnostics
- Certified for SIL3 according to IEC 61508
- Certified for Category 4 according to EN 954-1
- Complies with the NAMUR recommendation NE43, and supports configurable over- and under range limits
- HART pass-through communication (AI880A)