The remote S900 I/O system can be installed in non-hazardous areas or directly in Zone 1 or Zone 2 hazardous area depending on the selected system variant. S900 I/O communicates with the control system level using the PROFIBUS DP standard. The I/O system can be installed directly in the field, therefore the costs for marshalling and wiring are reduced.
The system is sturdy, error-tolerant and easy to service. Integrated disconnection mechanisms allow replacement during operation, meaning that there is no need to interrupt the primary voltage in order to exchange the power supply units.
S900 I/O type S. For installation in hazardous area Zone 1. For connecting intrinsically safe field devices installed in Zone 2, Zone 1 or Zone 0.
TU921S Redundant Termination Unit (TU16R-Ex), for 16 I/O-modules, redundant communication and power (Delivery includes CD910).
Features and benefits
- ATEX Certification for installation in Zone 1
- Redundancy (Power and Communication)
- Hot Configuration in Run
- Hot Swap functionallity
- Extended Diagnostic
- Excellent configuration and diagnostics via FDT/DTM
- G3 – coating for all components
- Simplified maintenance with auto-diagnostics
- Termination unit for up to 16 I/O modules
- Prepared for redundant system power and communication
- Up to 4 terminals per channel
- Preselection of fieldbus address
- Prepared for certified field housing
- Mounting in Zone 1, Zone 2 or safe area possible