System 800xA offers flexible and modular I/O solutions through fieldbus technologies, wireless I/O and hardwired I/O systems like S800 and S900. The system is now enhanced with Select I/O that allows to condition each signal coming from the field individually. Select I/O is Ethernet connected and consist of single channel granular Signal Conditioning Modules (SCM).
The Generic IO Module (GIO) handles the communication between Fieldbus Communication Interface (FCI) and the Signal Conditioning Modules (SCM). It communicates upstream with the FCI using Modulebus, and downstream with up to 16 SCMs. Generic I/O Module. Use as single or redundant.
Features and benefits
• Distribution of process I/O data between the SCMs and the FCI
• Mechanical locking slider which turns off the power supplies before removal
• Supports hot swap
• Mechanical keying to prevent insertion of wrong module type
• Can be used in hazardous areas
• LED indicators:
– Status (S)
– Primary (P
– Hardware error supervision
– Communication supervision
– Internal power supervision