Select I/O is an Ethernet networked, single channel granular I/O system for the ABB Ability™ System 800xA automation platform. Select I/O helps decouple project tasks, minimizes the impact of late changes and supports standardization of I/O cabinetry ensuring automation projects are delivered on-time and under budget. A Signal Conditioning Module (SCM) performs the necessary signal conditioning and powering of the connected field device for one I/O channel.
The Generic IO Module (GIO) handles the communication between Fieldbus Communication Interface (FCI) and the Signal Conditioning Modules (SCM). It communicates upstream with the FCI using Modulebus, and downstream with up to 16 SCMs. Generic I/O Module. Use as single or redundant.
Features and benefits
- Distribution of process I/O data between the SCMs and the FCI
- Mechanical locking slider which turns off the power supplies before removal
- Supports hot swap
- Mechanical keying to prevent insertion of wrong module type
- Can be used in hazardous areas
- Status (S)
- Primary (P)
- Hardware error supervision
- Communication supervision
- Internal power supervision