Select I/O is an Ethernet networked, single channel granular I/O system for the ABB Ability™ System 800xA automation platform. Select I/O helps decouple project tasks, minimizes the impact of late changes and supports standardization of I/O cabinetry ensuring automation projects are delivered on-time and under budget. A Signal Conditioning Module (SCM) performs the necessary signal conditioning and powering of the connected field device for one I/O channel.
The FTB840 is a redundant terminal signal block with 4 screw terminals to be used with a redundant pair of Signal Conditioning Modules. The FTB is installed on the MTU for Select I/O (TUS810) and includes a keying mechanism that is set to a specific code when an SCM is first inserted to ensure only the same type of SCM can be installed in that slot. The key can be reset by removing and reinserting the FTB. (10 pieces per package)
Features and benefits
- Two slots for connection of a redundant SCM pair
- Four screw terminals for connection of wires
- Coding system with 5 coding fingers for self-learning and resettable coding of the SCM type
- Can be used in hazardous areas
- Hole for each terminal for connecting test probes (for measurements)