Select I/O is an Ethernet networked, single-channel granular I/O system for the ABB Ability™ System 800xA automation platform. Select I/O helps decouple project tasks, minimizes the impact of late changes, and supports standardization of I/O cabinetry ensuring automation projects are delivered on time and under budget.
The TUS810K03 Select I/O Modular Termination Unit (MTU), for 120/230V applications, hosts Generic I/O modules (GIOs) and up to 16 Signal Conditioning Modules (SCMs) which completes a single I/O unit.There is self-learning coding on the FTBs that gets set upon the initial insertion of an SCM so that if an SCM is replaced, only the same type of SCM can be inserted. To insert another type of SCM, the coding can be reset manually. The MTU also has a coding for the GIO, so that it can only be replaced with the same type of GIO.
The TUS810K03 (120/230V) Module Termination Unit includes 1ps TUS810K03, 16 pcs FTB820 Field Termination Blocks, 2pcs PTB820 Power Injection Blocks and 1 pcs TUC810 Terminal cover. Mounting on vertical DIN-rail.
Features and benefits
- Two slots for connection of Generic I/O modules (GIO).
- 16 slots for connection of Signal Conditioning Modules (SCM).
- Two slots for connection of Power Terminal Blocks (PTB), external 120/230V supply
- Two Modulebus connectors, one in and one out.
- One slot for connection of a grounding bar (GTB).
- DIN rail mounted. 2 locking devices to lock the MTU to the DIN rail.
- Slots for screw lugs (optional, for harsh high vibration environment).
- Used for 120/230V applications