Select I/O is an Ethernet networked, single channel granular I/O system for the ABB Ability™ System 800xA automation platform. Select I/O helps decouple project tasks, minimizes the impact of late changes, and supports standardization of I/O cabinetry ensuring automation projects are delivered on time and under budget. A Signal Conditioning Module (SCM) performs the necessary signal conditioning and powering of the connected field device for one I/O channel.
The AIS830 is an Analog Input Signal Conditioning Module for temperature measurements via RTD/TC/mV.
Features and benefits
- Analog input for 2-wire, 3-wire, or 4-wire RTD input or TC input with cold Junction Compensation
- Can be used in hazardous areas
- 16 bit A/D converter resolution
- Channel to channel galvanic isolation
- Software filter configurable through parameters
- Protected against wrong wiring
- Configurable software filter
- Loop supervision (open circuit and short circuit)
- Communication supervision
- Internal power supervision
- Single loop granularity - each SCM handles a single channel
- Supports hot swap
- Mechanical locking slider which turns off field device power and/or output before removal
- Field disconnect function which can galvanically separate the field loop wiring from the SCM during commissioning and maintenance
- All SCMs have electronic current limitation
- Mechanical keying to prevent insertion of wrong module type after commissioning
- 24V DC powered through Modulebus
- Configurable through parameters
- LED indicators on the SCM indicate the operational state of the module.