Select I/O is an Ethernet networked, single-channel granular I/O system for the ABB Ability™ System 800xA automation platform. Select I/O helps decouple project tasks, minimizes the impact of late changes, and supports standardization of I/O cabinetry ensuring automation projects are delivered on time and under budget. A Signal Conditioning Module (SCM) performs the necessary signal conditioning and powering of the connected field device for one I/O channel.
The DOS820 is a Digital Output Relay NO Signal Conditioning Module supporting 2-wire devices.
Features and benefits
- Digital output for 2-wire field devices
- 5-250 V AC, 5-125 V DC, up to 3 A
- Can be used in hazardous areas
- Field power sourced from the power injection
- Channel to channel galvanic isolation
- Fuse status supervision
- Communication supervision
- Internal power supervision
- OSP (Output Set to Predetermined value)
- Single loop granularity - each SCM handles a single channel
- Supports hot swap
- Mechanical locking slider which turns off field device power and/or output before removal.
- Field disconnect function which can galvanically separate the field loop wiring from the SCM during commissioning and maintenance.
- Mechanical keying to prevent insertion of wrong module type after commissioning.
- 24V DC powered through Modulebus
- Configurable through parameters
- LED indicators on the SCM indicate the operational state of the module