The DO880 is a 16 channel 24 V digital output module for single or redundant application. The maximum continuous output current per channel is 0.5 A. The outputs are current limited and protected against over temperature. Each output channel consists of a current limited and over temperature protected high side driver, EMC protection components, inductive load suppression, output state indication LED and an isolation barrier to the Modulebus.
Features and benefits
- 16 channels for 24 V d.c. current sourcing outputs in one isolated group
- Redundant or single configuration
- Loop monitoring, supervision of short and open load with configurable limits (see table Table 97).
- Diagnostic of output switches without pulsing on outputs
- Advanced on-board diagnostics
- Output status indicators (activated/error)
- Degraded mode for normally energized channels (supported from DO880 PR:G)
- Current limitation at short circuit and over-temperature protection of switches
- Fault tolerance of 1 (as defined in IEC 61508) for output drivers. For ND (Normally De-energized) systems, outputs can still be controlled with error on output drivers
- Certified for SIL3 according to IEC 61508
- Certified for Category 4 according to EN 954-1.