Select I/O is an Ethernet networked, single channel granular I/O system for the ABB Ability™ System 800xA automation platform. Select I/O helps decouple project tasks, minimizes the impact of late changes, and supports standardization of I/O cabinetry ensuring automation projects are delivered on time and under budget. A Signal Conditioning Module (SCM) performs the necessary signal conditioning and powering of the connected field device for one I/O channel.
The GFS810 provides ground fault detection for signals with field supply sources from external power injection.
Features and benefits
- Ground fault detection for signals with field supply sourced from external power injection.
- Measuring of resistance to ground to provide it as an analog value to the application.
- Can be used with all GIO module types (GIS810 and GIS880).
- Galvanic isolation.
- Line break supervision of ground connection.
- Internal self-test.
- Test option for ground fault detection function (through external button).
- LED indicators on the SCM indicate the operational state of the module.