The TU891 is a compact MTU for the S800 I/O. The MTU is a passive unit used for connection of the field wiring and power supply to the I/O modules. It also contains a part of the ModuleBus. The TU891 MTU has gray terminals for field signals and process voltage connections. The maximum rated voltage is 50 V and maximum rated current is 2 A per channel, but these are primarily constrained to specific values by the design of the I/O modules for their certified application.
The MTU distributes the ModuleBus to the I/O module and to the next MTU. It also generates the correct address to the I/O module by shifting the outgoing position signals to the next MTU.
Features and benefits
- Intrinsic safety applications - use with AI890, AI893, AI895, AO890, AO895, DI890 and DO890
- Compact installations of I/O modules
- Field signals and process power connections
- Connections to ModuleBus and I/O modules
- Mechanical keying prevents insertion of the wrong module
- Latching device to DIN rail
- DIN rail mounting