S800 I/O is a comprehensive, distributed and modular process I/O system that communicates with parent controllers and PLCs over industry-standard field buses. The TB820V2 ModuleBus Modem is a fiber optic interface to the ModuleBus. The ModuleBus Modem has an electric and an optical interface which are logically the same bus. A maximum of 12 I/O modules can be connected to the electrical ModuleBus and up to seven clusters can be connected to the fiber optic ModuleBus. The fiber optic interface is intended for local distribution of I/O clusters and where more than 12I/O modules are required in an I/O station.
Features and benefits
- 2 fiber optic ports to optical ModuleBus
- ModuleBus (electrical) to the I/O Modules
- Supervisory functions of I/O ModuleBus and power supply
- Isolated power supply to I/O modules
- TB820/TB820V2 has a rotary switch that selects its cluster number, 1 to 7, on the optical ModuleBus