The CPU board contains the microprocessor and RAM memory, a real-time clock, LED indicators, INIT push button, and a CompactFlash interface.
The base plate of the PM851A controller has two RJ45 Ethernet ports (CN1, CN2) for connection to the Control Network, and two RJ45 serial ports (COM3, COM4).
Note that a PM851/PM851A is restricted to one Ethernet (CN1) port, thus redundant Ethernet is not available. One of the serial ports (COM3) is an RS-232C port with modem control signals, whereas the other port (COM4) is isolated and used for the connection of a configuration tool.
Simple DIN rail attachment / detachment procedures, using the unique slide & lock mechanism. All base plates are provided with a unique Ethernet address which provides every CPU with a hardware identity. The address can be found on the Ethernet address label attached to the TP830 base plate.
Features and benefits
- Reliability and simple fault diagnosis procedures
- Modularity, allowing for step-by-step expansion
- IP20 Class protection without the requirement for enclosures
- The controller can be configured with 800xA control builder
- The controller has full EMC certification
- Hardware based on standards for optimum communication connectivity (Ethernet, PROFIBUS DP, etc.)